Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
RocketBox Pro 14
- Push button security ensures your lid is secure to its base and your gear is safe
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- No assembly required
- Tool-free installation/removal from vehicle
- Fits Yakima round, square, factory and aerodynamic bars
- Also available in 11 and 12 cubic feet
- Hauls gear for up to 3 travelers; fits snowboards and skis up to 170cm
- Matte-black textured finish
- SKS Locks included
- Minimum and maximum crossbar spreads: 24” – 40”
- Yakima cannot ship the RocketBox Pro 14 to Alaska or Hawaii – please contact a local dealer.
- WARNING for California Consumers
- Weight: 40.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 74.00 in x W 33.00 in x H 16.00 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 24.00in
- Maximum Crossbar Spread 40.00in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
RocketBox Pro 14
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
This box fits the 5th generation of Subaru Outback (2015- ) with the integrated roof racks very well. If you slide the Rocketbox all the way forward, the rear hatch can open without hitting the box. For something as long as the Rocketbox 14 (which can fit most snow skis), this is a good value, all-around roof storage solution for the Outback. It's takes me less than five minutes to pull the Rocketbox on or off. Throw the box on the car, pull down on the clamps, slide the box back onto the rails, and then 20 turns for each clamp and we are good to go. Sometimes cargo inside the box interferes with the latching mechanism, but you get pretty good at working through those snags. The box is not perfect. The latching and support mechanisms take up a good bit of room. Our rear lid support went all wonky one summer in the hot sun and it deformed. Then the rear name plate broke (this is the mounting plate for the same lid support). The cost to repair all of that is $30-40 after shipping. If I were to redesign this box, keeping the general shape and dimensions, I would try to make it a side-loader. I don't care which side; just make it a big cavity with a swing up door. I'm sure that hurts the structural integrity of the box, but it would make it much easier to load and would simplify the locking/lifting mechanisms. The door wouldn't need to be full-length, just long enough to point skis into the nose and swing them in.
Perfect tool to maximize the capacity for whole week family trip, 2 adults & 2 kids Zero interference w tail gate, 14 is actually perfect considering the loading limitation of CR-V roof structure
I drive a suburban. When we vacation with our 4 children the car is totally full. The Pro 14 rocket box is awesome. NO WIND NOISE! Perfectly stable up to 85 mph on the interstate. We generally travel with soft bags, duffel bags, etc. It's perfect for all soft sided and soft case bags. It does not work well with oversized rigid suitcases. I would buy it again in a second.
Perfect match for our 2012 Kia Sportage.
Great for road trips, camping trips, snowboarding, and everything in between.
I am disappointed that the shape, size and brackets reduce the usable length of the box. The dimensions are 74 inches long but you only have about 65 inches of length on the bottom of the box. I bought this specifically for skis and luckily if I separate mine and lay them flat in the middle of the box they will fit. Don't try to get skis larger than 170 cm in there. The Yakima gear chart indicates that 180 cm skis will fit but they won't.