Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
- Transports bikes
- Securely supports most road, mountain, kids, and cruiser bikes by the handlebar
- Fully padded cradles protect your handlebars, including carbon bars
- Rotating rear wheel cup fits a wide range of wheelbases up to 50"
- Accommodates bikes up to 37.5 lbs. each
- Holds 20"-29" tires up to 5" wide
- Add your own bike lock to the integrated lock loop for greater bike security
- Foot-operated tilt mechanism makes it easy to access the rear of the vehicle.
- Dual cradle retention stabilizes and protects bikes from one another.
- HitchLock included
- Built-in bottle opener—cheers!
- Fits 2" hitch receivers only
- Compatible with the Yakima BackSwing and StraightShot (HangTight 4 only)
- May require a minimum stem length of 40mm with a 10mm spacer, depending on frame and handlebar geometry (standard cradle only)
- Not compatible with aero handlebars, clip-on aero bars, or handlebars larger than 35mm in diameter
- Transport dual-crown fork bikes with the HangTight DH Cradle accessories (Sold Separately)
- Weight: 73.00 lbs.
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
Bought this yesterday to be able to transport our road and mtn bikes depending on the day's activities. After purchase/install/build I find that it does not actually carry four road bikes as well as I would have wanted. I see now on the pinkbike review that this rack was initially marketed as a 4 bike rack for straight handles (mtn bikes) or a 3 bike rack for drop handles (road bikes). However, it does not appear to say this anywhere on this site any longer???
The shifter/brake on the road bikes wedge against the bottom of the neighbouring mount for the next bike. so you can set it up for 3 bikes instead of 4 but would have to wrench the middle mounts each time you swap back and forth.
I'm not sure why Yakima fails to mention this and fee like a bit of a sucker for not knowing/being told before purchase. 4 mountain bikes set up welll on it and it does partially 'solve' the dilemma of getting a rack for both types of bikes.
It seems well built and looks good. The limited plastic parts seem easy to replace from Yakima and apparently come with a lifetime warranty. 3 stars because it's good for mtn bikes...or 3 road bikes.