- Product Details
- Spare Parts
OverHaul HD (Towers Only)
- Compare all Truck Bed Racks
- Comes with four towers
- Requires Yakima HD Bar crossbar in 60"/68"/78" lengths (Sold Separately)
- Adjustable height from 19–30" to create custom set-ups for maximum utility and versatility
- Maximum on-road rating of 500 lbs.
- Maximum off-road rating of 300 lbs.
- Easy on-off placement in minutes with our patent-pending QuickChange™ rack attachment
- Designed and tested for all common truck beds using our BedGrip™ clamp design,
- Additional required kits needed for tracked beds (Track Kit 1) and select tonneau covers (Tonneau Kit 1)
- Built to last with engineered aluminum construction and a durable powder-coat finish
- Compatible with all Yakima mounts to carry kayaks, surfboards, bikes, rooftop tents, lumber and more
- Integrated tie-down points help easily secure any load
- T-slot attachments make adding gear mounts and accessories fast—and simple
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks to secure your rack system to the truck bed
- Built-in bottle opener—cheers!
- Suggested accessories: SideBar, Load Stop, Eye Bolt, Ladder Roller, Wear Strips, HD Hook Strap, Rotopax™ Mounting Kit, Recovery Track Mount
- Weight: 50.54 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 16.75 in x W 5.50 in x H 23.50 in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
OverHaul HD (Towers Only)
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I love the rack but one suggestion I have is for the mounting pads. I would love it if Yakima made a plate to fit on the top of the mounting bracket while the racks were off. That woud cover the bolt heads and protect them from removal unless you had the removal tool. Why not make all 4 brackets keyed as wel?
Superior Yakima quality. Nice powder coat finish. It's rugged. The Allen bolts require a special tool (comes with Overhaul HD) to keep the thieves away from the crossbars. I love that the height is adjustable. Beware that if you want the lowest crossbar height setting on a 2019 F-150, the crossbar will block the top rear center break/bed light. The Overhaul HD "stanchions" seemed flimsy on the truck bedrail (if staring at the setup from the rear of the truck, would move side to side, not front to back) before the crossbars are installed. Don't let that dissuade you. Once the crossbars are installed, the setup is very solid. I've installed a SUP Dawg and Skybox combo and a Mega Warrior on it no problems. The large HD crossbar fits/looks best on a 2019 F-150 in my opinion. Went back and forth between L and XL crossbars. The L is almost the exact width of the truck. I went for that due to the trees in my driveway and the bikes and other gear mounted on the walls in my garage. The XL would give me problems with clearing obstacles in confined areas. I highly recommend this set up to free up bed space if you can find one!
I bought this rack for one reason, as they sold a TONNEAU kit that works with my Retrax's which combined with the Overhaul HD kit. Wow, Yakima did not disappoint, it is Heavy Duty that is for sure, build for anything. My kayaks were the main reason for the purpose, but this thing will take a beating. The tools that Yakima provides are great, made for easy adjusting and assembly, which was impressive. I have bought other racks, and this by far is worth the money, I was impressed with this system. I will say shelling out $1,100 on a truck rack is a lot but in the long run, felt it was worth it. Only thing I did not like is the bars and rack system are separate, it would be nice if it was a kit. Availability of all the parts and the kit was terrible, waited 6 weeks, just not the best service. Yakima support let me know it was going to be delivered in September, but my distributor got it early, so I was happy, but waiting 6 weeks is not good. Bottom line, I am a new found Yakima customer, as this rack won me over, it's heavy-duty and well worth the spend. I Highly recommend this rack and tonneau kit.
The boxes (2) came neatly packaged by way of UPS. Printed a copy of the instructions via PDF from Yakima, read them through to get an overview and same day, jumped in and installed, by myself, right out of the box. Yakima is a great company that makes quality racks, will buy again.
I am a huge fan of the Overhaul HD for my 2017 Tacoma. I can now take kayaks and bikes for multi-sport days. Being able to quickly remove (~2 minutes) the entire rack system still allows me to use the truck bed for yard work or loading large items. Overall this is a great and well designed rack system that is reliable, durable, and quick to remove. Nice work Yakima.
This is a great rack. Holds lots of things. Probably a lot more could be added, but lacks information on t-slot nut or bolt sizes. Wanted to add lights to the back of the rack, but finding the correct mounting is missing from specification. Installation was easy, but had to add C-clamps to hold the mounts against the bed till final placement. Even after correctly torquing the bolts, had two plates that wanted to pull away from bed, creating a gap. Once, I have determined the location for life, will drill and mount additional bolts to secure the mounts to the bed securely. Unless you have a long bed truck (8ft) go with the short side bars. Moving the height after the installation of the crossbar is not easy and does require the removal of the crossbars. Once all of the mounts and bars are secure, the rack is rock solid! Mounting kayak mounts allowed the rack to be below the truck roof line. This is great so no additional drag is added in everyday driving.