Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
HD Bar (Pair) Medium (60”)
- Strong, lightweight aluminum construction handles heavy loads—great for rooftop tents
- Integrated tie-down points on endcaps make it easy to secure gear
- T-slots top and bottom to easily add compatible Yakima gear mounts
- Includes rubber infill for top T-slot for load protection and wind noise reduction
- Built to last—and look good doing it—with a durable black powder-coat finish
- Compatible with all StreamLine towers with our new HD Bar SL Adapter (sold separately #8003541)
- Available in variety of lengths—55"/60"/68"/78"—to create custom set-ups
- Weight: 10.68 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 60.00 in x W 3.00 in x H 1.50 in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
HD Bar (Pair) Medium (60”)
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
These are great bars, I had one issue with them which was on my vehicle I had significant (rather annoying) whistling from speeds 30-50mph. The whistle persisted with the rubber strips in or out. I just found a great solution! I Removed the strip from the top of the front bar and cut it to size and inserted it on the underside of the bar. No more whistle. I think Yakima should provide stripping for both sides of the bars and would probably help quite a bit.
I am running XL or L crossbars depending on my trip requirements. I am using these on the Overhaul HD adjustable towers attached to a Retrax XR Pro Tonneau on a 2019 Raptor (5.5' bed).
The Large sticks out a few inches from the tower on each side allowing me to fit both a large roof top tent (Tepui Autana 3 Ruggedized) and an awning (ARB). The XL sticks out an additional 5" per side which allows the mounting of the Yakima skinny warrior basket between the tent and awning!
I have not had any bowing or whistling. I have trimmed some of the rubber gasket on the top, so even the top has some of the channel exposed depending on what I am carrying. Overall, I am very happy with these bars.
I haven't seen any other reviews so I thought I'd post my experience. I purchased a set of small length racks to replace round bars that were slightly bowing under the weight of my hardshell carrier when it was loaded. While I got a substantial amount of wind noise with my round bars, that doesn't seem to be a problem with these. HOWEVER, I do get whistling while driving between 15mph-60mph enough that my wife commented a few times about the annoyance. At highway speeds (60+), the whistle disappears. I can't tell if the whistle is coming from the open bottom T-channel or the end caps. Note: the bars are directional and so I made sure to mount them arrow pointing forward. I would recommend the bars for heavy loads, but anything <165lbs, just go with the other options.