- Product Details
- Spare Parts
HangOver 4 Bike
- Transports up to 4 or 6 bikes using minimal space— 37.5 lbs max per bike
- Foot-operated tilt mechanism changes rack position for easy loading and unloading
- Tilts down and out of the way for easy rear-of-vehicle access
- Securely supports bikes by the fork crown
- Fits suspension-fork bikes only
- Fits fat bikes with suspension forks
- Soft padding protects the fork’s finish
- Rotating wheel cup accommodates bikes with various wheelbases
- Available in 4-bike (HangOver 4) or 6-bike (HangOver 6) sizes
- 2 mast height positions for improved ground clearance and ease of loading
- 2 mast angles to avoid bike-tire contact with your vehicle
- HitchLock included
- Built-in bottle opener—cheers!
- Compatible with the Yakima BackSwing (HangOver 4 only)
- Fits 2" hitch receivers only
- Add your own bike lock to the integrated lock loop for greater bike security
- Weight: 65.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 22.00 in x W 46.00 in x H 60.00 in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
HangOver 4 Bike
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I like this rack, but my bikes are not secure. The fork attachments don't really keep the bikes down. Wind over the vehicle is causing the front wheels to rotate and the fork rotates. The rubber strap only holds one side down, so the other side lifts up. Alternatively, the strap side lifts up, stretching the rubber. Two of those rubber straps have snapped. My other complaint is when the bike closest to the vertical back pedals is pedal onto the vertical strut; on a bumpy road it will keep ratcheting, pushing the bike away/off the rack.
I wanted to love this rack because I like the way the bikes look on it when attached to my truck. It is well made but has some design flaws that reveal themselves at highway speeds. First, the top cradle is V-shaped and is not a natural fit with the round forks. Also, the rubber strap itself is not strong enough to withstand the winds at highway speeds and can and have ripped. I've had two instances where the wind shifted a bike sideways enough to pull the bike out of the rack and also tear the strap. To remedy these issues I bought a cable lock and have tied the bikes to the hitch body as well as around the bikes and over the cradle. I wish Yakima could better design the top cradle for better support and confidence at highway speeds. If you're going on a road trip and plan to buy this rack, definitely get a cable lock. I would buy a better designed "Hangover".
Super excited to finally get a rack to fit 4 bikes that wasn’t huge! Unfortunately if you have 27.5 or 29 wheels you cannot have this rack in first position on Subaru Forester, the wheels hit the car and won’t even allow it. you have to put in the second position but the thing is that drops you bikes lower and causes the tires to scrape the road on any small dip in a driveway or trying to go shuttle off road. I love the rack itself but I can’t say it’s meant for Subaru Forester. Maybe Yakima can recommend or create a hitch height extender or something.
First off, this is a very well made, sturdy rack. I purchased it with full knowledge it only accommodates bikes with suspension forks. My problem is that it doesn’t accommodate bikes with suspension AND a fender.
I like this rack because it is simple and very functional. we operate bike tours here in NH and we arent using the trailer this rack is perfect for our smaller groups.
The price point is great! Seems like an awesome value. I got super excited until I realized it’s only for suspension forks; only 1 of the five bikes I own has a suspension fork. That’s not gonna fly.
This rack works great. Easy on and off of the bikes. Adjustable positions for when I use it with my friends SUV or carry extra bikes with the Gatekeeper on my tailgate. And I picked this one over the competitor because the connections for the bottom tires are easier to use and adjust.
The Yakima Hangover 6 was installed on our company shuttle making it possible for several of us to take our bikes to work and then commute down the local mountain bike trail system. The rack was easy for me to use and quick to secure, even when loaded full. No scratching of the bike frame and no worries that something could happen to the bike en-route. When I need a rack for my family vehicle, this is the one I'm going for.
This is an awesome mountain bike carrier, love it. They do need manufacture a road bike attachment to carry my road bike as well as mountain bike.