- Product Details
- Spare Parts
FatCat EVO 4, Black
- Easily carries four pair of skis – up to 136 mm wide at the tip - or two snowboards
- Looking to carry more? Check out the FatCat Evo 6!
- Aerodynamic design delivers a quiet ride and streamlined good looks
- Universal mounting system works with round, square, factory, and most aerodynamic roof racks
- Integrated SkiLift provides clearance for tall bindings
- DoubleJoint™ hinge expands for easy use with thick skis and boards
- Large button makes it easy to open with gloves or mittens on
- Sleek mirror black finish looks great on your roof
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks included
- Compatible with T-slot crossbars – just add our SmarT-Slot Kit 2 (sold separately)
- WARNING for California Consumers
- Weight: 10.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 30.50 in x W 3.75 in x H 5.25 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 12.00in
- Maximum Crossbar Spread 36.00in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
FatCat EVO 4, Black
- No Assembly Required
- 10 Minute Install
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This line of snowboard carriers are some of the top models out there. The rubber strap mounts seems sturdy, and the whole unit is locked to the vehicle when locked. Some units use security bolts, which can be fine but I like how these offer more security. I also appreciate the built in ski lift. It's nice that it can be done on the fly because the wrench stores within the unit, and the other is a thumb screw. Some units have separate ski lift attachments, but this one has it ready to go at all times with just a slight adjustment to the system. If in the future Yakima was able to create a carrier where the ski lift can be raised w/o having to partially un-do the system, then that would be a great bonus. However this system still makes it a breeze to raise it. The finish of the unit is of premium quality and looks very slick with aero style bars. The double hinge securely holds the boards. Lastly, Yakima customer service has been one of the best experiences I've encountered with a business. The type of customer service in which all others should be measured up to. Given the quality of the product and service I will absolutely be sticking with Yakima products for my cargo needs.
Just installed my Fatcat 4 EVOs on my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Product feels very well constructed, and the concept behind the tool-free installation is good, but the execution is a bit of a swing and a miss. The two mounts that go on the front (side that opens) of the rack are quite easy to put on. Unfortunately the two rears are a different story. The built in lift to raise the rack further from the roof for big bindings, great idea, but the lift causes the bolts from the mounts into the rack to be a bit too short. What should have been a 10 minute job, like described in the notes on the installation, turned out to be closer to 30, and the two rear mounts are not nearly as snug as the fronts. Either the bolts on the mounts need to be made longer, or the section with the lift need to be hollowed out more to make for better installation.