Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
- Rugged angular finish and stealth like texture stands out from the crowd
- Intuitive and easy to grab lid handle locks gear inside the box and the box to the vehicle
- Removable torque limiting knob ensures a safe and secure installation
- Market-leading internal usable space with an unobstructed flattened floor provides more space for your gear
- Optimized hatch clearance for better vehicle fit
- Internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Hauls gear for up to 5 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 215cm
- Integrated interior tie-down points
- SKS Locks included for added security
- Black chrome badging
- 18 cubic feet of cargo space
- Made in the USA
- Yakima cannot ship the CBX 18 to Alaska or Hawaii – please contact a local dealer.
- Weight: 65.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 91.00 in x W 38.00 in x H 17.00 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 24.00in
- Maximum Crossbar Spread 40.00in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
So far I have merely installed the larger CBX18 on top of my car's roof and drove home with it empty. It is the first rooftop box I've ever had and I've read quite a lot of complaints about wind noise in reviews for other boxes - being that I have a car with a huge panoramic glass roof (2020 Volvo V60CC) I was expecting quite a noisy ride. At speeds of up to 85mph, I did not notice any increase in road noise whatsoever - NONE. I had to literally open the glass sunroof to hear any sounds made by this box and even then, they are quite minimal (so minimal, if you really wanted to drive with the roof open for some air - you would!). I was extremely impressed by this. It must be some aspect of the design that is doing its job well, the dimpling or perhaps overall shape. Whatever the case may be, Yakima's achievements in eliminating wind noise from this box are applaudable.
The installation is really quite easy and self-explanatory - almost no need to even read the instructions. There are thoughtful features all around on this unit - from the stowable clicking torque wrench you tighten the clamps with, to the internal hanging ropes on either side in-case it is too tall for you to reach when it's fully open, so you can grab those and pull down to close it easily.
The clamps were all able to be moved forward and backwards quite easily, and it seems there was plenty of room to move them to accommodate various positioning of roofbars. When the clamps are fully loosened, you can slide the box forward/backwards with relative ease so you can position it as far back as possible with the tailgate opened to make sure you've got the clearance right.
It does not come with straps for the internal tie-down points so I will definitely be looking to get those. Does Yakima sell specific straps for this purpose? If so I was unable to find them. I saw a cargo net specifically for the Skybox series, one of those for the CBX would be quite nice and I would gladly get one.
Great aesthetics, but got 4 stars because it does not come with straps. You pay so much money for the product to have to buy all the accessories