Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
SkyBox 12 Carbonite
- Sleek, aerodynamic Carbonite textured lid
- No assembly required
- Tool-free installation/removal from vehicle
- Fits Yakima round, square, factory, and aerodynamic bars
- Designed with internal lid stiffeners for durability and easy open and close
- SuperLatch™ security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your gear is safe
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- Tapered design reduces hatch interference
- Available in five sizes: Lo, 12, 16, 18, and 21 cubic feet
- Hauls gear for up to 3 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 215cm
- Made in the USA with up to 80% recycled material
- SKS Locks included
- Minimum and maximum crossbar spreads: 24” – 42”
- Yakima cannot ship the SkyBox 12 Carbonite to Alaska or Hawaii – please contact a local dealer.
- WARNING for California Consumers
- Weight: 41.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 92.00 in x W 24.00 in x H 16.00 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 24.00in
- Maximum Crossbar Spread 42.00in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
SkyBox 12 Carbonite
- No Assembly Required
- 10 Minute Install
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
I absolutely love this cargo box! I was looking for a box that could accommodate both gear and a kayak or 2 (with the JayLow and wide enough bars). After 4 months of the box living on my '08 Scion XB and driving my daily commute I have not seen a difference in my gas mileage. This box has been a great piece of gear to carry all the necessary accoutrements for me, my partner and the dog for all our adventures!
Great fit on my '14 XV Crosstrek, can load it with plenty of stuff... not much trunk room with 3 kids! It has it's permanent home on the roof, it gets used all year round! Easy to install, easy to access, and great to hide stuff from the kids!
Great cargo box. Love that it can open from either side. Allows easy access to all my gear. Carbon adds a touch of style.
Awesome box. Fits perfectly on my 97 Subaru Wagon, Legacy with my Thule bars and stock railing. The plastic lines that come stock with the Subaru on the roof affected where the box sat, but only because my Thule bars are attached with U-bolts and sit lower than most racks. The box fits all of my whitewater rafting paddles, kayak paddles, 2 snowboards, as well as tents and bulky sleeping bags and a large backpack. Stores nicely when not in use.
The SkyBox 12 held much more than I was expecting. I previously used a box similar in length and width, but with lower profile. The profile on the SkyBox 12 allowed for a lot of gear, but was not too tall. There are convenient tie down hooks on the interior which are great for holding stuff in place. I share this box with my neighbor. The mounts are easily and quickly adjusted with no tools making it very simple to swap between cars. Both cars use factory racks and the mounts worked very well with the factory systems. Opening on both sides is very useful.
Excellent construction, easy to install. Only bummer is that it needs a centimeter more adjustment forward so that it doesn't rub on my rear lift door on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Some modification my be needed.