Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
- Universal tool-free mounting hardware fits most roof racks
- Provides 64 square feet of sun and weather protection (8' x 8')
- Rolls into a 8 foot long case when not in use, leaving tons of room on your roof rack for other gear
- 420D polyester fabric with PU coating is light, durable and waterproof
- Easy to pitch – just pull it out, prop it up and settle in
- Super-simple attachment – no tools required
- Locks to roof rack with included SKS Lock Cores for added security
- Also available in 4.5' and 6.5' deployment options
- Weight: 33.90 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 96.00 in x W 96.00 in x H 0.50 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 27.00in
- Limited One Year Warranty
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
This is an absolutely great product but it would be super cool to have a compatible bug net accessory that could be purchased separately!
Got this product last week from Rack attack Portland Oregon. Its on my roof now. Will update as I use it.
I have couple of Yakima products and Rack attack team asked me to come by to sync all the keys. will do that this week.
I love my Slim Shady 8’ awning. Super easy to install and easy to setup. I do have some issues that I tried to address and receive support for. The three external straps are cinched with buckles that are very soft plastic. Right out of the box they were cinched so tight I had to really wrestle to get them to release. Because of this, they were deformed and already highly stressed. The center buckle snapped off after the second time using the awning and the remaining two are ready to break any time. I have since purchased replacement buckles from Amazon since I can’t get any help from Yakima. I also had one leg that was bent and couldn’t adjust to a height that was really usable. It cost me $60 plus shipping to PURCHASE a replacement because if I relied on trying to get a warranty replacement, I’d be waiting forever. Customer support is almost non-existent.
I love Yakima products but I’m extremely disappointed in the support.