- Product Details
- Spare Parts
- Weather-resistant, heavy-duty steel construction for years of rugged use
- Narrow profile leaves room on bars for bikes, boats, boards or a SkyRise rooftop tent
- Easy to mount and remove— no tools required
- Universal mounting hardware fits all Yakima StreamLine™ crossbars and factory or aerodynamic crossbars
- Custom fairing included for reduced drag and wind noise
- SkinnyWarrior Extension available for 16" of additional space
- Weight: 23.13 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 58.00 in x W 23.00 in x H 6.50 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 24.00in
- Maximum Crossbar Spread 38.00in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
I've owned the Loadwarrior and the Megawarrior. This basket is the perfect size to fit next to our Skybox. Well made and heavy duty construction
Was ready tu buy, until I found the equivalent brand new from a local car parts shop at 63$CAD+tx.
I love Yakima products, especially my unbreakable Skybox pro, but sorry, a simple steel tubing rack isn't worth 700$, even with a super friendly attachment system or possible extension.
Purchased the Skinny Warrior to mount next to my Sky Box. Fits with plenty of room on 60” core bars and is super easy to install if you can move your supports to fit the basket. Overall, this basket will come in very handy, but it leaves a number of things to be desired in terms of build quality.
I’ll give Yakima credit for making sturdy accessories, the box is bomber … But their clamps and security are generally garbage due to all-plastic connector pieces—The only steel in the clamps is the cover plate that hooks the basket and keeps it in place. Without locking brackets (extra $70), anyone can remove the entire basket within one minute flat. I purchased two of the locking brackets and positioned them on the top inside to make them harder to access.
The locking brackets are thin plastic and could be easily circumvented. ALL critical mounting hardware for this basket is plastic and leaves enough exposed for a crafty thief to remove the basket with minimal effort even WITH the locking brackets installed. It’s among the worst security implementations for attachments I’ve seen from Yakima (I've been a customer for thirty years). They are cutting corners exactly where they shouldn’t be cutting corners and for the price of their kit, it’s unconscionable.
Couple other important notes:
1) The basket comes in two pieces which join in the middle and are attached via screws to expanding mounting nut gadgets inside the tubes. These gadgets are NOT secured in the tubes—two of the tubes have stoppers that prevent the nuts from being pushed down the tube, two do not. One of the nut gadgets had slipped out of position and was loose in the tube. I had to lift and drop one half of the basket a dozen times to jar the nut back into the tube, then pull it forward with a needle nose pliers to get it back into position. Not fun.
2) The connecting joints between the two halves are not airtight. You would think this isn’t a big deal, except that the insides of the tubes are NOT sealed against corrosion. The basket is made of steel with a powder coating on the exterior to help prevent corrosion. If any moisture gets inside the tube it will corrode from the inside out. Two of the connecting joints face the direction of travel, making sealing this gap all the more important. I used waterproof Flex Tape to seal the joints. I’m considering finding a welder to permanently solve the issue.
This basket was exactly what I was looking for. Solid as a rock. Easy to assemble. Fits perfectly on 60" HD Bars along with SkyBox 18.