Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
LiteRider 2 Bike
- One of the lightest aluminum hitch racks on the market
- New SuperCush ZipStrip™ cradles secure the bikes and make loading and unloading a breeze
- ZipStrips™ secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Anti-sway cradle design minimizes bike-to-bike contact
- Fits 1.25” and 2” hitch receivers
- Tool-free SpeedKnob™ quickly tightens and locks the rack to your car
- Tilts away for rear-of-vehicle access
- Integrated SKS LockDown™ security cable secures bikes to rack to help prevent theft
- Yakima signature bottle opener lets you enjoy a post-ride cold one
- Also available in 3- bike capacity
- Available TubeTop™ (sold separately) is required for non-conventional, step-through, BMX, and kid’s bikes as well as some full suspension bikes.
- WARNING for California Consumers
- Weight: 19.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 42.00 in x W 21.00 in x H 14.00 in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
LiteRider 2 Bike
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
My wife's bike does not fit on this system. The system does not suit anything other than male bike crossbar. No information on accessories to support women's bikes is provided. Disappointing to say the least.
The "zip strips" could be longer. If you have a bike with thick gussets they are barely long enough. When you take them out of their holders you have to keep track of them or you are out of luck. Putting the bike on around the holders is also tricky. Not so good for a slanted down tube bike although I have made some modifications that suffice. Not real fast way to mount them. Perhaps I should have bought one of the racks that holds the bike flat on the wheels. This is compact when you don't want something to big on the back of the car. It folds back nicely. It is so heavy I figured out that if I put the rack into it's slanted position then I could "load it in" to the hitch receiver kind of like an cannon shell. I guess I got too excited about the bottle openers on the end which are indeed convenient and unique. At least it's solid and looks good. JT
I love this receiver mounted 2-bike rack! I use it on my Honda CRV with a 2" receiver hitch. The rack is so much lighter than my old Thule and Grabber receiver racks. The lockable receiver tongue wedge mount, safety clevis pin, cable lock, and tilt mechanisms are flawless. I love the anti-sway feature that keeps the bikes stable fore and aft. The cradle zip mounts are much easier to use that the rubber stretch straps. The bike support rails are easy to pivot down for storage and up for carrying our two road bikes (no pins to insert, just an actuator latch lever!). I purchased mine through REI and used our REI dividends to reduce the price down from $360. There is some easy assembly required to install the hitch steel weldment tongue to the Aluminum mast with the tilt-down pivot bolt, washers, and self locking nut. This is easily done by first inserting the steel weldment tongue into the hitch receiver as per the assembly instructions. From a security point of view, one weakness is the pivot bolt. If this bolt is removed, the bikes and mast can be stolen as a unit leaving the hitch steel weldment tongue still locked into the hitch receiver. It would be nice if a few extra cradle zip mounts could be included in the box. This will be the last bike rack I will ever need. Well done Yakama!