Information provided directly
Yakima asks for and receives information directly from you. We ask this information to perform actions such as processing purchases, showing you relevant information related to your car and previously owned Yakima products, and providing technical support. Instances of directly collected information can be found below:
- Registering with Yakima.com
- Signing up for our email newsletter
- Tagging Yakima or affiliate hashtags across social media channels
- Connecting with our Customer Service either over the phone, via email, or through Zendesk.
- Providing feedback in a survey
- Registering your products for our warranty
- Submitting reviews of our products
- Applying for Yakima Pro
When you interact with us directly, we may collect the following information from you: your name, address, email address, phone number, occupation, proof of occupation, industry, transaction information from previous orders, credit card information, and automotive information.
Information about your use of Yakima.com
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of Yakima.com through software on your device and other means. However, none of this information is directly attributed to you - unique IDs are used to hide this information from us and any third party, thus we are unable to attribute any of this data to you as a user of Yakima.com. For example, we may collect:
- The IP address of the device you are using
- Pages you view
- Links and advertisements you click
How we use your information
All information shared both directly and indirectly collected will be kept confidential. It is collected and processed for the following purposes or for other lawful business processes:
- To process payment
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you directly
- To train our internal team
- To customize our communication for you
- To allow our business partners (social media channels, etc) to present customized messages for you.
We may use information about you to provide you with information about products or services, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to our products or services or which we believe may be of interest to you.
Where your consent is required, we will usually ask for it by asking to you tick an "opt-in" box on the pages of our website where we ask for information about you. The "opt-in" box may or may not be split between different classes of information or different means of marketing.
We may send you such information by:
- smartphone applications
- social networking websites
- or any other method which becomes relevant from time to time.
You can change your mind about your preferences (as defined above) in respect of direct marketing by contacting our Customer Service Team at 888-925-4621, firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 4101 Kruse Way, Lake Oswego, OR 97035. You can do this at any time. In addition, if you receive direct marketing from us by email, you will be reminded in the email that you are free to request a change to your preferences. If you do change your mind about your preferences, we would not remove your Personal Data from our data base(s) but we would note your changed preferences and would cease using your information for the purpose of direct marketing as soon as reasonably possible. If you want your email address deleted permanently, please contact us directly.
To whom do we disclose your information?
Yakima may share your personal data with third parties. However, we only would share your personal data for the reasons stated above on how we use your information, or to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order) or to verify or enforce compliance with Yakima's policies.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
Yakima strives to keep all data and information collected on our site secure. We use proven secure payment tools and methods like HTTPS across Yakima.com. However, please keep in mind that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website is completely secure. Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential cookies,which enable you to order products and receive services from our website;
- Performance cookies, which enable us to analyse the performance and design of our website and detect errors. For example, this type of cookie allows us to recognise that you have visited our website before, and show which sections of our website are most popular by allowing us to see which pages visitors access most frequently and how much time visitors spend on each page. We may use Google Analytics or similar analytics cookies to achieve this;
- Functional cookies,which allow us to deliver a better user experience. For example, this type of cookie ensures that the information displayed on your next visit to our website will match up with your user preferences, or tells us the domain name of another website from which you linked to our website; and
- Advertising cookies,which enable us and our carefully selected retail partners to deliver advertisements to you which match your interests by, for example, collecting information about products you have browsed or ordered on our website. We may use Google remarketing tags to allow our retail partners to advertise products which you have browsed on our website. For further information about how Google remarketing tags work, please click here:- http://www.google.co.uk/think/products/new-remarketing-tag.html
- Flash cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that manage browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Yakima to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
Our website may also display content from a third party website or service, which may result in cookies from third parties being stored on your hard drive or browser. We do not control the storage of these cookies and you should refer to the privacy policies of the relevant third party for more information.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them.
Upon your request and within 40 days we will inform you about the type of personal information we hold about you, the purposes for which we hold it and the possible recipients or types of recipients. Upon written request and within a reasonable period of time we will also amend, correct, delete or cease to process personal information if that information proves to be factually inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant to the purpose(s) of the processing.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy Under the Age of 13.
This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website or submit any information on this Website or through any of its features. If you believe a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent and verification of parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com so we can investigate and delete that information.
If you have any other questions on privacy, please contact our Customer Service Team at 888-925-4621, firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 4101 Kruse Way, Lake Oswego, OR 97035.