Free standard shipping US ONLY until 12/31/21. Excludes Freight and oversize.
- Product Details
- Spare Parts
- Attaches a base rack system to vehicles with flush-mount factory side rails. RidgeClips and crossbars required for a complete system.
- Advanced design is strong and quiet and aligns with aerodynamic vehicle aesthetics
- Works with JetStream, CoreBar, HD Bar and RoundBar crossbars
- Unique clip design adapts to your rails for a secure, accurate fit
- BarBed™ has 12° of pitch adjustment to optimize tower position and level bars
- Super-simple installation – tool included
- Maximum load rating of 165lbs (75kg), depending on vehicle and bar rating
- Easily locks to you vehicle with our SKS system (sold separately)
- Find the right bar style and length to fit your needs
- Compare four crossbar styles and features to learn more
- Some Assembly Required
- 30 Minute Install
Resources / Manuals
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
This assembly went together well although it took me around 3 hours. The quirks are that you need to understand the torque wrench - it really does click if you keep tightening the bolts. Clamps are a little tricky to fit in but work well. I feel very comfortable with the security of the rack and it looks great. We will be carrying 2 sea kayaks and using Yakima Hully rollers which are super !
We bought this for our Telluride. We have used it once or twice, and the ridge clips have fallen off. Now we have to spend an additional $130 to buy all four ridge clips, when all we need is one tiny piece of rubber (the R1). Poor design. Will not be buying yakima again.
The towers themselves work well enough but have some strange design flaws compared to my old Thule system. The clips to adapt these to flush roof rails are a PIA to install but that’s a separate issue. In order to secure the crossbar adapter to the tower you need to tighten a bolt that becomes unreachable once the rack is on your roof. If you pull the rack off to tighten it once you get the spacing right, you’ll lose your spacing and the poorly designed adaptor clips will fall off. Requires two people to install in order to hold the opposite side tower together while you adjust. Once properly installed its rock solid however, in retrospect, I should have bought a factory Volvo rack.