- Product Details
- Spare Parts
SkyBox NX 16
- 16 cubic feet of cargo space
- NX nano-texture on both lid and base for a clean sleek look
- Full metal opening handle is easy to use and locks gear inside the box and the box to the vehicle
- Universal mounting hardware fits all Yakima StreamLine™ crossbars and factory or aerodynamic crossbars
- Removable torque limiting knob ensures a safe and secure installation
- Market-leading internal usable space with an unobstructed flattened floor provides more space for your gear
- Optimized hatch clearance for better vehicle fit
- Dual-sided opening for easy access on either side of your vehicle
- SKS Locks included for added security
- Integrated interior tie-down points
- Hauls gear for up to 3 campers; fits snowboards and skis up to 175cm
- Made in the USA
- Weight: 47.00 lbs.
- Dimensions: L 75.50 in x W 35.00 in x H 16.00 in
- Minimum Crossbar Spread 24.00in
- Maximum Crossbar Spread 36.00in
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
SkyBox NX 16
Add Accessories to Your Rack
Don't Worry, We Have A Spare
This box really worked out good for our 4000 mile road trip! 4.6 Stars.
My main concern was hatch clearance, I am pleased to say that there is No interference with the Hatch. It opens fully and has plenty of room between.
We were sleeping in the car some nights and couldn't fit everything without this box.
As for efficiency, we used about 15-30% more energy with this roof box attached.
A suggestion for Yakima: For EVs, efficiency is priority. This roof box's efficiency was not as good as I originally expected. It has been proven that roof boxes with an aerofoil shape are significantly more efficient than current roof boxes. This is what I would like to see next from Yakima, a cargo roof box specifically designed for efficiency rather than looks. An Aerofoil shape is needed to meet the efficiency needs that are so important nowadays.