Date August 16, 2012
Posted by Yakima
You’ve got room for your canine companion, now that you’ve got your gear more efficiently stowed.
But do you have all the right doggie gear?
Whether your mutt just tags along while you climb, or your barking buddies are integral to your adventure, one of these 5 sources of gear should help:
- Ruffwear — A little bit of everything from one of the bigger brands in poochie performance.
- Backcountry K-9 — They carry Ruffwear and many other manufacturers in their online store.
- Wild Mountain Online — Comprehensive online store from the Santa Fe outfitter. Be sure to check out their Singing Dog Blog.
- Fidogear — Jean Ziegler started this company in her sewing room when she retired at age 60.
- Ultrapaws — Founded by a dog-sledding couple over 40 years ago. If you’re into skijoring, look here for harnesses and more.
Be sure to let us know in the comments below if we missed a good source of dog gear.
What trips do you take your furry friends on?